Established in 1985, we offer a full range of assistance services to corporations and individuals. Our clients include organizations with operations in Indonesia: energy, mining and large-scale construction, finance, banking and insurance trading, NGO, retail, and travel and tourism. Individual members include expatriates and their families and local employees.
We deliver primary and preventative healthcare in remote locations where there is inadequate healthcare infrastructure.
We manage over 40 sites and more than 55 work locations covering the entire the Indonesian archipelago, as well as site clinics which serve thousands of patients a month.
Our site medical services include:
- Remote site clinics & staffing
- Occupational and community health consulting
- Healthcare management services (health check and vaccination programs)
- Public health programs
- Vector control and entomology
- Equipment, drugs and disposable supply
- Site surveys and audit
- Emergency response planning and coordination
- Medical and first aid training
We have professional medical, logistics and travel managers and medical and non-medical training staff. We also have a full team of administrative support staff, available on a full-time 24-hour basis, 365 day a year.
Assistance Center and Services
Our assistance centers are staffed with medical, security, and logistics experts to coordinate assistance and evacuations for our clients. In 2008, we handled over 70,000 cases and conducted over 400 evacuations.
During the civil unrest in Indonesia in May 1998, we supported the safe evacuation of 4,000 individuals. Our team has extensive crisis management experience, having managed evacuations for the two Bali bombings (2002 and 2005), the Marriott hotel bombing (2003), the Australian Embassy bombing (2004), the Aceh tsunami (2004), the Jogjakarta earthquake (2006), the plane crash in Jogjakarta (2007) and the Jakarta hotel bombings (2009).
More than 500,000 Indonesian and blue chip clients entrust us to manage their hospital healthcare benefits. We take care of individual and corporate health administration services and reporting for treatment at third-party hospitals and medical facilities.
We also provide medical and travel assistance as well as concierge services for platinum credit card holders.
We offer specialized training in first aid and other medical training courses. Our training center in Jakarta is a modern classroom facility equipped with a clinic simulation, computer rooms and library. Our courses comply with international standards, including the American Heart Association and the Resuscitation Council of South Africa.
We offer hundreds of courses per year, including:
International SOS Indonesia developed 35 types of Emergency Medical Kits to support the emergency handling skills – with thousands distributed annually.
- Level 1 First Aid Training
- Level 2 First Aid Training
- Level 3 First Aid Training
- Level 3 Occupational First Aid Training
- Child Care Provider First Aid Training
- Occupational Health Training for Nurse/Paramedics
- Refresher First Aid Training
- Medical Evacuation Preparation Training
- First Aid Post Preparation and First Aid Kits Utilization Training
- English Proficiency Training for Nurse/Paramedic
- Customized Training Programs