ChinaOur presence in China dates back to 1989 when we established our first office in Beijing. International SOS remains the only assistance company with a total presence in China. We have offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and an Assistance Centre in Beijing.
We offer comprehensive medical, security and customer care services for individuals, families, groups and corporations from a wide range of industries such as energy, mining and infrastructure, chemical, automobile, insurance, and banking.
Our multilingual coordinators and doctors in our Beijing Assistance Centre provide 24-hour emergency hotline services to all our members when they are in China. Each year, we answer more than 250,000 calls and manage over 40,000 cases, of which over 1,000 require an evacuation. We have an in-house dedicated team of flight doctors and nurses, an in-house air ambulance equipment warehouse and a dedicated aviation desk in charge of all flight plan liaisons and details. We have developed and continue to develop our extensive network of hospitals, airlines and local authorities (we currently have over 600 partners) so that we can deliver a fast and efficient response to our members.
We have a dedicated air ambulance on stand-by in Tianjin and have access to:
- Military aircraft enabling medical teams to reach areas in China which are out of bounds to civilian aircraft
- Military aircraft for medical transport: fixed-wing, helicopter and challenger jets
- Military hospitals, of which many are located in remote regions
- Medical and logistical support
- Medical Site surveys
- Development and management of medical facilities
- Medical audits
- Selection, training and placement of medical staff
- Specialised first aid training
- Occupational heath assessments
- Procurement of medical equipment, supplies and medications
- Emergency/disaster planning.
Click here for directions to the Beijing Assistance Centre.
International SOS and Raffles Medical Joint Venture Clinics
Members’ Privileged Access Benefits
In October 2015, International SOS formed a joint venture with Raffles Medical Group to enhance and expand the services of its 10 clinics in China, Vietnam and Cambodia. These clinics will gradually be branded and operated by Raffles Medical Group. The joint clinics in China include Beijing, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Tianjian and Tianjin TEDA.
The joint venture clinics will provide privileged access benefits to International SOS members which include:
- Dedicated members-only reception with executives knowledgeable in International SOS’ benefits and protocol to assist and minimise waiting time
- Priority appointment with members’ preferred doctors when available. Preferential rates on consultation, procedures, medicine and health checks.
- Cashless transaction for existing clients with direct billing arrangements with insurers or corporate credit facility. New direct billing arrangements may also be established with a wider range of insurance providers.
- Multilingual support in English, Japanese and Chinese by an international team of doctors, nurses and medical specialists or up to 99 languages supported by our Assistance Centres.
- A client liaison executive to assist members with any requests or enquiries, e.g. medical reports, billing and invoicing etc.
For more information about our joint venture clinics, please visit www.rafflesmedical.com/international