Increasing rates of travel, post-COVID restrictions, and recent geopolitical tensions have amplified the need for businesses to assess the safety and security of the accommodation used by their travelling workforce and assignees. While most stays occur without incident, the importance of reviewing accommodation risks has been highlighted in recent years by terrorism becoming more prevalent2, including attacks against hotels.
In light of this, International SOS has significantly bolstered its capabilities for advising businesses on keeping employees safe when staying abroad through its enhanced Hotel Security Advisor feature. International SOS’ long-standing expertise and robust assessment methodology in managing hotel incidents, including in Mumbai, Bamako, Ouagadougou and Jakarta. This is in addition to an operational capability in a variety of risk environments around the world, best positions International SOS to provide accommodation-related support for clients.
Laurent Fourier, CEO, Health & Security Subscription Services at International SOS, comments
As part of an organisation’s Duty of Care responsibilities, thorough vetting and selection processes should be adhered to in order to maximise the safety of travellers and assignees. To do this, business leaders need access to information on the most suitable options in their desired locations, including potentially remote or high-risk areas. We are supporting our clients to mitigate any security and health risks to their people by providing a structured suite of secure accommodation services, including detailed and up-to-date intelligence on potential security or health risks.
The Enhanced International SOS Accommodation Services Ecosystem:Workforce resilience subscription: When planning for upcoming travel, organisations need access to safe hotel options for their out-of-country workforce.
- Assists with the improvement of employee health and wellbeing, strengthening an organisation’s resilience
- Access to both International SOS’ vetted, security-assessed hotel proprietary database of 1,100 hotels and to Safehotels’ database
- Access to safe accommodation training through our digital learning portfolio*
- Trip and accommodation information can be monitored live using the Tracker function as well as our Active Monitoring and Journey Management services
- 24/7 access to safe, profile-specific accommodation advice based on itinerary and circumstances\
- Speak to a security expert about any accommodation needs in the context of an incident or evacuation
- End-to-end journey management and active monitoring in high-risk locations
- Includes in-depth analysis and on-the-ground risk reviews of specific hotels related to a trip, event or assignment
- Access to a bespoke vetted hotel database based on operational locations
- Profile-specific accommodation recommendations and physical assessments for assignees
- Their independently set standards, which verify hotels’ safety, security, cleanliness, and hygiene, are recognised by the UNISDR and the ICCA
- Standardised hotel certification levels (Standard, Premium or Executive)
- In-depth assessments of hotel property safety and security, training, security systems, fire systems, crisis management and enhanced security for those in high-risk locations
This partnership immediately expands the breadth of the network of safety and security-credentialed hotels options available to clients.
For more information on how International SOS can help safeguard your workforce, click here.
*To learn more about International SOS digital training portfolio, click here.
1. International SOS Risk Outlook Report 2023, p.3
2. United Nations, Dec 2022
About the International SOS Group of CompaniesThe International SOS Group of Companies is in the business of saving lives, protecting your global workforce from health and security threats. Wherever you are, we deliver customised health, security risk management and wellbeing solutions to fuel your growth and productivity. In the event of extreme weather, an epidemic or a security incident, we provide an immediate response providing peace of mind. Our innovative technology and medical and security expertise focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery. We help protect your people, your organisation's reputation, as well as support your compliance reporting needs. By partnering with us, organisations can fulfil their Duty of Care responsibilities, while empowering business resilience, continuity and sustainability.
Founded in 1985, the International SOS Group, headquartered in London & Singapore, is trusted by more than 9,000 organisations, including the majority of the Fortune 500, as well as mid-size enterprises, governments, educational institutions and NGOs. 13,000 multicultural medical, security and logistics experts stand with you to provide support & assistance from over 1,200 locations in 90 countries, 24/7, 365 days.
To protect your workforce, we are at your fingertips: www.internationalsos.com