As the festive season is almost upon us and the potential of travel to see family and friends opens up across the UK, International SOS highlights the importance of the getaway and urges organisations to support their employees with safe travel tactics.
Dr Mark Parrish, Regional Medical Director at International SOS comments,
The pandemic environment is impacting mental health and organisations anticipate that this will effect productivity in 20211. A Christmas getaway could be a positive boost but we urge employers to share best practice to help employees enjoy the festive period stress-free and safely. The virus doesn’t have a holiday and risks don’t go away; in fact it gets greater with fewer restrictions. Please be careful and don’t forget the simple measures to decrease COVID-19 risks…masks, social distancing, hygiene, avoiding crowds…and don’t drop your guard over the holiday period.”
Top Tips for Safe Festive Travel
- Remember - mask, avoid crowds, hygiene, social distance.
- Be Flexible and have a safety net - Keep departure and return as flexible as possible and make sure to leave plenty of leeway around events in case of travel delays or cancellations. Have contingency plans in place in case rules change or you have to self-isolate.
- Be Travel Timing Savvy – Allow extra travel time. It’s likely to be busy in stations and on the roads as we all want to take advantage of ‘Christmas bubbles’, allowed 23 – 27 December. Consider departing early in the morning or late at night to avoid peaks. Make sure you can stay safe in crowded public spaces by wearing a mask and keeping at least 1 meter apart wherever possible.
- Fly Safe - If you are flying, make sure you know which COVID-19 tests are required in advance, requirements while on-board and on arrival. Make sure to have a change of mask for longer journeys.
- Eat, drink and be jolly informed - Make sure you are aware of any restrictions (such as you can’t go into a restaurant or pub with your bubble) to avoid disappointments. If you’re travelling outside of the Christmas bubble, know what tier your destination is in.
- And again…always carry a mask and hand sanitiser!
Notes to Editors
About the International SOS Group of CompaniesThe International SOS Group of Companies is in the business of saving lives, protecting your global workforce from health and security threats. Wherever you are, we deliver customised health, security risk management and wellbeing solutions to fuel your growth and productivity. In the event of extreme weather, an epidemic or a security incident, we provide an immediate response providing peace of mind. Our innovative technology and medical and security expertise focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery. We help protect your people, your organisation's reputation, as well as support your compliance reporting needs. By partnering with us, organisations can fulfil their Duty of Care responsibilities, while empowering business resilience, continuity and sustainability.
Founded in 1985, the International SOS Group, headquartered in London & Singapore, is trusted by 12,000 organisations, including the majority of the Fortune 500, as well as mid-size enterprises, governments, educational institutions and NGOs. 12,000 multicultural medical, security and logistics experts stand with you to provide support & assistance from over 1,000 locations in 90 countries, 24/7, 365 days.
To protect your workforce, we are at your fingertips: www.internationalsos.com