- Partial blackouts have been reported in affected areas.
- Disruption to internet connectivity has been reported in Marrakech.
- Highways connecting major cities across the country have not been damaged and remain operational. Our in-country sources have confirmed that all major roads are accessible, including the Casablanca-Agadir expressway (A3).
- Smaller roads in rural areas, closer to the epicentre, have been damaged and blocked by rubble, including in Taroudant and Al-Haouz.
- The R203 between Marrakech and Taroudant has been blocked. Authorities are working to clear it.
- Taxis in Marrakech are reported to be operating normally.
- The Office National Des Aeroports has confirmed that all airports remain operational as no damage has been reported.
- Trains are operating as usual.
- Exercise caution: further aftershocks are possible and could pose risk of injury. Do not go into damaged buildings.
- Pay attention to hygiene and wash hands regularly.
- Clean and treat minor injuries promptly.
- Seek medical attention for serious wounds.
- Choose safe food and drinking water.
- Drink only boiled or bottled water, or canned or carbonated beverages.
Advice to organisations’ workforces
- Defer non-essential inbound travel to Marrakech, Agadir (Souss-Massa region) and Ouarzazate (Draa-Tafilalet region) until at least 13 September.
- Continue to expect aftershocks, which can cause further damage to already weakened structures. Do not re-enter damaged buildings.
- Verify suitability of accommodation.
- Anticipate increased demand for accommodation and commercial flights in affected areas.
- Expect disruption to infrastructure in the affected areas and plan journeys avoiding these locations.
- Remain informed on the latest developments via verified sources. Do not act on unverified information.
- If in impacted areas, remain in communication with managers and relevant points of contact to update them on your location and status. Attempt to keep all phones and other communication devices charged at all times.
- Abide by all directives issued by the emergency services.
We encourage our clients to sign up for our latest situational alerts via email, through the Assistance App, or via our Online Portal.
For media queries please refer to our media contacts page and contact the relevant media contact.