22 January 2024 - International SOS, the world's leading health and security services company, has been announced as a Top Employer for its sixth consecutive year by the Top Employers Institute - an organisation that certifies employers around the world for their excellence in employee conditions, talent development, and human resources practices. International SOS achieved an overall score of 92.75%, which puts the company in the top quartile compared to other top employers.
This certification illustrates International SOS' continued commitment to fostering an exceptional work environment, characterised by outstanding HR policies and exemplary people practices.
What ‘Top Employer’ stands for:
The selected certified Top Employers lead the way in outstanding ‘people-first’ HR practices, and International SOS is delighted to reveal that it has again qualified as one of these successful organisations.
Key aspects of International SOS’ certification include:
- A Well-being score 19% above benchmark, thanks to the health and wellbeing programme for Northern Europe called SHINE.
- An On-boarding score 18% above benchmark, thanks to the MyLaunch programme, which sets it apart from the rest by creating a more consistent and seamless onboarding process.
- The Rewards & Recognition score is 15% above benchmark, thanks in part to enhancements to maternity leave provisions and forward-thinking regarding menopause. For example, we launched a great new benefit - the Menopause Plan – for all employees and their families. This allows an individual to have a 45-minute consultation with a menopause trained GP, a 30-minute follow-up, and 12 months access to a nurse-led helpline.
- A Talent Acquisition score 13% above benchmark. Key were improvements to the candidate experience in the hiring process.
- Overall People strategy scored 12% above benchmark, thanks in part to the launch of the online talent and succession planning tool MyTalent.
Ben Dale, International SOS Human Resources Director for Northern Europe, comments:
The selected certified Top Employers lead the way in outstanding ‘people-first’ practices, and we are delighted that we have once again qualified as one of these successful organisations. [...] I am very proud that this year we have continued to perform strongly in the Wellbeing space, having delivered our workplace wellbeing programme SHINE. This is a very important result for us as we are constantly talking to our clients about health and wellbeing solutions. In order for us to be an authentic employer we need to be best in class in HWB for our own people. For example, all of our employees have access to a new mental wellbeing app. This tool is also available to all of our clients and their own employees.
[...] Next week we will also see the launch of our over 55-year-old health assessments – an excellent step forward to help our people take more control over their own health as we go into the new year. [...] Another great step has been the introduction of a Menopause Plan for employees and their families. This allows an individual to have a 45-minute consultation with a menopause trained GP, a 30-minute follow-up, and 12 months access to a nurse-led helpline. This is a topic that is getting more and more focus and we have taken proactive steps in this area to better support our people.
About the International SOS Group of CompaniesThe International SOS Group of Companies is in the business of saving lives, protecting your global workforce from health and security threats. Wherever you are, we deliver customised health, security risk management and wellbeing solutions to fuel your growth and productivity. In the event of extreme weather, an epidemic or a security incident, we provide an immediate response providing peace of mind. Our innovative technology and medical and security expertise focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery. We help protect your people, your organisation's reputation, as well as support your compliance reporting needs. By partnering with us, organisations can fulfil their Duty of Care responsibilities, while empowering business resilience, continuity and sustainability.
Founded in 1985, the International SOS Group, headquartered in London & Singapore, is trusted by more than 9,000 organisations, including the majority of the Fortune 500, as well as mid-size enterprises, governments, educational institutions and NGOs. 13,000 multicultural medical, security and logistics experts stand with you to provide support & assistance from over 1,200 locations in 90 countries, 24/7, 365 days.
To protect your workforce, we are at your fingertips: www.internationalsos.com