Aeromedical Transportation - Air Ambulance & Commercial Carrier
Unsurpassed aviation support
The best way to ensure that your people stay healthy and safe is to establish robust preventive programmes, designed specifically for the environments they are in. A key component of prevention and Duty of Care is preparing for the rare instance when prevention is not possible; a safe and rapid evacuation from high risk environments is essential to save life or limb.
International SOS provides you with access to an unsurpassed aviation service quality: Protecting your people is our priority - no matter where. Hence we apply utmost diligence both upfront and during the course of evacuation missions to ensure the safety of our clients.
Our specialist expertise combined with a global operations infrastructure ensures the most cost effective evacuation solutions to be achieved, frequently on scheduled airlines rather than charter or air ambulance aircraft, without compromising quality.
Our team manages the safety & quality of the mission through external and internal assessment standards and processes.
Why is this so important?There is significant variation in aviation and aeromedical standards across the globe. Evacuation missions often entail accessing both poorly regulated and resourced aviation environments, introducing potential risks. A comprehensive credentialing and accreditation programme is essential to mitigate these risks. So what kind of risks are we talking about? Examples include:
- Operators working with inadequate medical indemnity insurance or accident liability coverage.
- Operators with non-compliant aviation practices and a history of significant aircraft incidents.
- Operators without valid certification for air ambulance work.
- Inadequate medical equipment and medications or unsafe medical equipment fittings.
Internal ISO medical transportation quality standards
Highly specialised medical transportation
International SOS is highly experienced in undertaking complex medical transports across international boundaries where specialist expertise and in flight equipment is paramount: Neonatal, obstetric, infectious diseases, artificial hearts amongst many others.
A global team of aviation specialists:
- Ensure providers meet and maintain our strict service standards.
- Audit our providers‟ operations in-country at regular intervals.
- Continuously build local and regional capabilities.
- Constant oversight & control from operational, medical and aviation standpoints.
- Ensure the most cost effective solutions without compromising quality.
ISO certified regional flight desks:
- Manages & coordinates all logistics involved in missions, supported by specialist aviation managers and operation coordinators, security experts and doctors specifically trained in aeromedicine.
- Enables a rapid response in evacuating our members with life threatening conditions often from austere medical environments where speed can be life saving.
- Maintains close relationships with scheduled airlines and their medical departments enabling rapid medical clearance of patients to travel on scheduled flights with our medical staff and equipment when appropriate, saving time and cost to access care.