Aeromedical Transportation - Air Ambulance & Commercial Carrier
Life-saving evacuations, despite the complexity of COVID-19 restrictions
International SOS is highly experienced in evacuating patients with infectious disease, having safely transported numerous infectious patients around the world. The COVID-19 pandemic has also created numerous complex restrictions to evacuations. Despite these, we remain committed to providing this life-saving service for our clients, when necessary. During the pandemic, we have:
- Co-ordinated 30 charter flights with 1,900 passengers
- Managed 450 air ambulance movements
- Moved 150 COVID-19 symptomatic patients across 137 missions
Unsurpassed aviation support
The best way to ensure that your people stay healthy and safe is to establish robust preventive programmes, designed specifically for the environments they are in. A key component of prevention and Duty of Care is preparing for the rare instance when prevention is not possible; a safe and rapid evacuation from high risk environments is essential to save life or limb.
Our Workforce Resilience service provides you with access to an unsurpassed aviation service quality: our specialist expertise combined with a global operations infrastructure ensures the most cost effective evacuation solutions to be achieved, frequently on scheduled airlines rather than charter or air ambulance aircraft, without compromising quality.
Our team manages the safety & quality of the mission through external and internal assessment standards and processes.
Why is this so important?There is significant variation in aviation and aeromedical standards across the globe. Evacuation missions often entail accessing both poorly regulated and resourced aviation environments, introducing potential risks. A comprehensive credentialing and accreditation programme is essential to mitigate these risks. So what kind of risks are we talking about? Examples include:
- Operators working with inadequate medical indemnity insurance or accident liability coverage.
- Operators with non-compliant aviation practices and a history of significant aircraft incidents.
- Operators without valid certification for air ambulance work.
- Inadequate medical equipment and medications or unsafe medical equipment fittings.
Internal ISO medical transportation quality standards
Highly specialised medical transportation
International SOS is highly experienced in undertaking complex medical transports across international boundaries where specialist expertise and in flight equipment is paramount: Neonatal, obstetric, infectious diseases, artificial hearts amongst many others.
A global team of aviation specialists:
- Ensure providers meet and maintain our strict service standards.
- Audit our providers operations in-country at regular intervals.
- Continuously build local and regional capabilities.
- Constant oversight & control from operational, medical and aviation standpoints.
- Ensure the most cost effective solutions without compromising quality.
ISO certified regional flight desks:
- Manages & coordinates all logistics involved in missions, supported by specialist aviation managers and operation coordinators, security experts and doctors specifically trained in aeromedicine.
- Enables a rapid response in evacuating your employees with life threatening conditions often from austere medical environments where speed can be life saving.
- Maintains close relationships with scheduled airlines and their medical departments enabling rapid medical clearance of patients to travel on scheduled flights with our medical staff and equipment when appropriate, saving time and cost to access care.
Access to unsurpassed aviation support is just one benefit of our Workforce Resilience service: everything you need to safely manage your global teams while they work around the world.