A business traveller was on a trip to Belgium when his wife became concerned for his welfare. The traveller sent a concerning message to his family in the USA. The traveller's wife knew that her husband’s employer had support available through International SOS, so she called our Philadelphia Assistance Center for help. When the traveller's wife called into our assistance center, she was unable to confirm where her husband was and only knew he was in Europe. Given the severity of the situation, we needed to have the travellers exact location so we could intervene.
- Through Tracker, we were able to locate the traveller and validate his itinerary
- Our medical team were able to call the hotel and have someone check in on the traveller
- After alerting the hotel staff to the situation, we were able to arrange for the traveller to be transported to a local facility for evaluation, secure guarantee of payment for medical care, and then arrange a full bed-to-bed medical repatriation
- With the help of our Tracker solution, we were able to quickly respond. After the evaluation, we were able to deploy a medical team to repatriate the traveller back home to the United States
- Using our internal team, we were able to send a nurse from our Paris team to assist with language support and the Nurse from our Philadelphia team who had first spoken with the traveller’s family and was also the first contact with the traveller, ensuring continuation of care