International SOS Foundation: Ambassador of Duty of Care
Launched in October 2011, the International SOS Foundation has the goal of improving the safety, health and wellbeing of people working abroad or on remote assignments through the study, understanding and mitigation of potential risks. Started with a grant from International SOS, it is an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
To commission and share research and best practice around Duty of Care for the global workforce.
To be the world’s-leading think tank on Duty of Care impacting the global workforce.
THE FOUNDATION HAS FIVE GOALS:
- Study and research: better understand the health, safety and security risks linked to global mobility.
- Educate: provide information to workers and contractors, employers and governments on health and security risks.
- Strengthen corporate social responsibility in areas in proximity to worksites.
- Develop an international instrument for health and security risk mitigation.
- Disseminate information on risks to health and security in a variety of formats.