The TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) is the Department of Defense (DoD) health care program for active duty U.S. service members, retirees and their families, and certain other beneficiaries outside the U.S.
Why is the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) unique?
- Assuring quality standards across country specific variances
- Selecting the right mix of vetted health providers
- Seeking care with required referrals and authorizations
- Overcoming language and cultural barriers
- Medical management for inpatient cases and primary health management for remote populations
- Providing medical coding, billing and claims assistance
- Obtaining preferred terms and discounts from health providers
- Knowing how to meet regulatory and policy requirements
- Long-standing experience managing highly sensitive data
- Offering best-in-class aeromedical evacuation, even in austere or remote locations
- Managing regional flight desks to supplement military airlift capability
- Accessing a cashless network of 70,000+ actively managed, quality-assured and screened providers
- Allowing for choice within the quality-credentialed network for specialty care and patient safety
- International SOS TOP Regional Call Centers available 24x7x365 in three regional locations
- Transparent reporting as well as cost management and control
What the Program Offers:
Beneficiary Assistance Services
Case Management/ Medical
• ICD (International Classification
"It is a true honor and privilege to serve our nation's military overseas, ensuring access to high-quality health care services no matter where their work or travels take them."
COL (Ret.) Rafael E. De Jesus, CEO, Military Health Services, International SOS Government Services
The Differences between a Medically Managed Program and an Insurance Program
Success of the TOP is determined by having ‘boots on the ground’.
Process to deliver high quality medical outcomes
A Winning Partnership
Health care delivery under the TRICARE Overseas Program allows for transparency and partnership with US Defense Health Affairs leadership, ensuring access to quality health care by vetted, credentialed overseas providers even in the most austere challenging locations. The added complexities associated with foreign health systems, including instability and markedly fluctuating levels of quality of routine and specialty care require active patient care management to ensure compliance with the basic underlying TRICARE policy and expected US quality standards.
Links to Additional Information
TRICARE Overseas Program Contractor Website: www.tricare-overseas.com
TOP Beneficiary information: www.tricare-overseas.com/beneficiaries and www.tricare.mil
TOP Education Products: www.tricare.mil/publications
"International SOS Government Services is strongly positioned to support the needs of international governments with our medically-led, patient-centric solutions. Even in the most austere, hostile, and challenging environments, International SOS delivers safe, quality-vetted health care services."
Nick Peters, President & CEO, International SOS Government Services