ENABLING SAFE TRAVEL IN A COVID-19 WORLD
Each business trip amidst COVID-19 requires careful planning. Organisations should ask themselves: Is this trip business critical? What is the individual risk for the traveller? What is the COVID-19 risk at their destination?
As numerous countries reduce their pandemic-restrictions, we are starting to see increases in activity in business travel (monitored in our Tracker tool). International trip volumes are growing 10% each month, and domestic business travel has seen a seven-fold increase since the start of the pandemic.¹
While total volumes remain below their pre-pandemic levels, the number of incidents per trip is much higher than before. An evolved approach to travel risk management is needed to protect lives, minimise disruption and costs.
Travel has become undoubtedly more complicated and more support is required than ever – in Europe alone, we have seen a 60% increase in the number of cases per 100 trips. In fact, trips are now nine times more likely to result in a medical evacuation, due to the stress placed on many countries' healthcare services². Travellers and their managers are commonly seeking our advice to help navigate the complexity of country restrictions and, of course, managing the threats of the disease itself.
- International SOS Tracker Data
- International SOS Assistance Centre Case Data
KEY STEPS TO TAKE
COVID Trip Planner
Your Resource to Understanding Travel Restrictions and Requirements
With up-to-date, real-time information, COVID Trip Planner provides a straightforward understanding of travel restrictions and requirements for specific trips based on a traveller’s personal passport and vaccination status, as well as travel rules by destination, quarantine mandates, and other COVID-related considerations.
At International SOS, our expert advice, travel planning tools, and comprehensive medical, safety, and travel information provide managers and their employees what they need to stay safe and healthy before, during, and after a trip.
RETURN TO TRAVEL: LUFTHANSA GROUP AIRLINES
How we can help
PreparationResearching and assessing the latest COVID-19 information to ensure an employee is eligible to travel is essential. We are on hand to provide you with the most up-to-date COVID-19 information curated by our medical and security experts. Our COVID-19 online training courses, available for your entire workforce, will equip your people with all the relevant advice so they are confident ahead of their trip.
PreventionOur Tracker‘s Communication Module allows you to communicate easily with your people who are within the area of incident impact through multiple channels. Including those working and living in the incident area, and those who are visiting or about to travel there. In the critical moments following an incident, Tracker helps you to contact potentially impacted people to quickly determine their safety and wellbeing. You can manually send out your own communications via email, SMS, or text-to-speech using our Communications module.
SupportAt any time, your workforce can call our Assistance Centres for support. Or access up-to-date medical and security COVID-19 advice via our Assistance App. From emotional support to TeleConsultation, we are here for you at every step of your journey.
ASSESSING YOUR RISKS
Helping you Stay Compliant
- Evaluate your travel risk policies and receive expert advise on how to address your gaps.
- Ensure you are staying compliant by adopting an integrated compliance solution.
- Assess the risk for the location where your people intend to travel (including COVID-19 impact).
- Assess the risk profile of your traveller (mental health, COVID-19 risk etc.)
ASSISTING YOUR PEOPLE
Fulfilling your Duty of Care
- Assist your people with COVID-19 arrangements pre, during and post travel (testing, vaccines, quarantine, etc.)
- Provide medical and security support on the ground and evacuate if needed.
- Support the emotional and mental health wellbeing of your travellers.
- Provide 24/7 assistance to your travellers, to give them peace of mind about any challenges they may face.
ADVISING YOUR ORGANISATION AND STAKEHOLDERS
Taking Informed Decisions
- Stakeholders responsible for travel have access to the latest advice on risks.
- Managers responsible for travel can update policies and assessments accordingly and inform relevant stakeholders.
- Travellers and managers are advised about the latest developments in countries.
- Our team of experts can advise on a COVID-19 travel safe solution, which incorporates compliance monitoring.
How We Support our Clients
Helping an HR Team to Decipher Complex COVID-19 Domestic Travel Restrictions|Mumbai, India, India
International SOS helped the HR team of a tech start-up to decipher confusing and ever-changing domestic travel restrictions.AssistanceSafety
Helping an Organisation to Conduct Business-Critical Travel During COVID-19|Dresden, GermanyCOVID-19Intelligence
Pre-Travel Vaccination Advice to HR Managers During COVID-19|Austin, Texas, United States
International SOS provided reliable pre-travel vaccination and testing advice to the HR managers of a large technology organisation during the COVID-19 pandemic.VaccineCOVID-19