Organisations being supported by International SOS
The Body Shop
"It has been reassuring for us and our Executive and Senior Management Team to have factual and trusted medical advice from one reliable source. This advice has helped us make decisions and provide factual guidance to all of our global employees" - Erica Rose, International QEHS & Security Director, The Body Shop
The Body Shop, a global beauty brand founded in 1976, partners with International SOS to support and protect their global workforce. In response to COVID-19, The Body Shop employed International SOS’s medical experts to facilitate tailored consultations – providing timely and relevant information on the pandemic to help educate their people and support key decision-making. With the safety of their employees as top priority, our strategic guidance on recovering planning, return to work testing and preventative measures for their employees, enabled their key stakeholders to make critical decisions with the upmost confidence.
Four Seasons Hotel, New York
“Under the guidance of Dr Robert Quigley [International SOS], we were able to transform the Hotel and properly train all employees working at the property in a matter of days. In accordance with these enhanced safety protocols, we’ve created as low-risk of an environment as possible for both employees and guests. This is uncharted territory and we are so proud of our teams – everyone has come together to support this effort in unprecedented circumstances.” - Rudy Tauscher, General Manager, Four Seasons Hotel, New York
International SOS supports Four Seasons Hotel, New York, to welcome frontline healthcare heroes amid COVID-19 pandemic. Read more >>
International SOS chartered a flight for four researchers from Cornell University from Addis Ababa, Central African Republic to the United States after commercial flights were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more >>
British School Manila
The British School Manila (BSM) partners with International SOS to support and protect their students, teachers and trip leaders when they embark on school trips. With the COVID-19 outbreak BSM together with International SOS conducted a Parent Information Session to answer all questions and concerns on health and safety of the children at the school. The session provided a comprehensive update on the disease, situation and also advice on how to mitigate against the outbreak. It was conducted by our Medical Director and helped to address many of these concerns giving the students, parents and staff peace of mind, as well as supported BSM in their priority of establishing a positive culture of health and safety within and beyond the campus.
In the news:
- AIARC (Association of International Agricultural Research Centers): "AIARC recently rolled out the International SOS medical evacuation plan, giving employees peace of mind that if they are to fall ill in remote locations they will have access to top of the line medical care."
- AHT (Insurance Brokerage & Consulting): "International SOS has made part of their dedicated COVID-19 portal available to the general public, including information about locations of cases and community transmission, basic educational materials about mitigation measures, frequently asked questions and more.”
- Applied Materials South East Asia: "In response to COVID-19, we have implemented several precautionary measures at our sites to keep our workplaces healthy and safe for employees, visitors and business partners"..."Live webinar with International SOS medical advisor on COVID-19"
- Canstruct International: "a Brisbane engineering and logistics company has built 10 portable hospital rooms that can isolate infections and be delivered anywhere in Australia…The rooms were designed after Canstruct worked with the French health and medical authority, International SOS… 'We got together in early April and said ‘let’s make something that is robust, that you could deliver to a hospital, put in the car park, plug it in get it up and running two hours after arrival,' Mr Murphy said."
- Coastal GasLink: "...to monitor the health of the workforce, there is a medic on site. Coastal GasLink’s medical provider is International SOS."
- DKSH: "DKSH partners with International SOS to safeguard staff and supply chain operations during COVID-19. The partnership between DKSH and International SOS has helped implement DKSH’s Total Quarantine Solution which provides health and hygiene measures to safeguard the health and safety of supply chain staff in distribution centers across Asia."
- Freeport: [Translated] “Firdy Permana, Public Health Manager of International SOS as Freeport's partner in handling PTFI employee health, said that his party had quickly identified new Covid-19 cases. It also actively coordinates with the Mimika Covid-19 Coordination Handling Task Force Team, Mimika Regency Government, and the Central Government to make all efforts to prevent Covid-19 transmission and treatment. "From tracking ( tracking ) and supervision ( surveillance ) through rapid tests and PCR tests that we do, has been able to rapidly identify new cases are on the optimism of any attempt to break the chain of Covid-19," said Firdy. He added, Freeport had increased the supply of medical equipment such as personal protective equipment and ventilators, as well as preparing quarantine and isolation rooms in hospitals, clinics, as well as a number of employee barracks that were relocated as monitoring areas during the pandemic.”
- Glencore: "We have formulated our response in partnership with our expert medical advisors, International SOS, taking into account advice from governments across the countries where we operate, and global bodies such as the World Health Organization."
- Glion: "We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation, taking advice and guidance from industry experts, our partners at International SOS, and following recommendations from local authorities and governments."
- Gruner: "Gruner has been working closely with the Medical Assistance Provider "International SOS" for several years. In the current situation, International SOS provides our employees all the information, preventive and assistance services needed in the field of health care and travel security related to the spread of COVID-19."
- HCL Technologies: “[HCL Technologies has] formed a special global task force to actively monitor the situation and take necessary actions in consultation with external agencies (International SOS).”
- Lafarge: “Lafarge Africa is also working in close partnership with International SOS, our medical service provider, a leading global health company.”
- SGS: "SGS is monitoring official announcements from national and local authorities, International SOS and the World Health Organization for developments, as businesses across the world are increasingly impacted by the spread of the virus."
- Suncorp: “Suncorp says its policy on corporate travel is based on advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and medical and travel security services company International SOS.”
- Telford Offshore: Telford has extensive measures in place since February 9 in an effort to keep all vessels operating on their current projects and mitigate risk to personnel. Every vessel in the Telford fleet has qualified doctors from International SOS (ISOS), a medical and travel security services company, on board, with ready access to a contagious disease specialist and assistance from ISOS emergency centres.
- Vestas Wind: "Vestas has taken a series of measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees all over the world and to ensure business continuity, in dialogue with suppliers, partner, and customers. Vestas follows the recommendations and guidelines from health authorities and international health organisations such as WHO and International SOS. The company will continue to monitor the situation closely and to develop and implement contingency plans as the pandemic evolves."
- EHL Education Group: “Since the beginning of the Coronavirus epidemic, a dedicated EHL Task Force has been monitoring the situation closely and liaising with International SOS and the relevant Swiss health authorities.”
- Lehigh University: “Program changes are assessed by Lehigh’s International Travel Advisory Committee (ITAC), which is in direct contact with International SOS (ISOS), the university’s medical and security assistance provider and leaders in international travel and education.”
- Princeton University: “The University recognized the distressing nature of the situation in Morocco and worked ‘with International SOS, the University’s international emergency assistance provider, to help them return home as soon as possible.’ ”
- Ryerson University: “…students and employees are required to register with International SOS (ISOS) Services and faculty are also encouraged to do so. Registering with ISOS will allow Ryerson to maintain communication and support you while you are away with up-to-date notices on precautionary measures and safety regulations.”
- Stanford University: “COVID-19 may spread in current areas or into new regions. Stanford recommends checking for travel updates using International SOS, which has a comprehensive list of travel restrictions.”
- University of Alabama: “These offices are available to provide guidance and assistance to our travelers, in addition to providing resources through our System travel provider, International SOS.”
- University of Denver: “We take our health and safety evaluation seriously, and as part of that evaluation, we assess CDC country-specific alerts, U.S. governmental guidance including the Department of State, information from our security provider, International SOS, and benchmark with other U.S. based institutions.”
- University of Zurich: "If you find yourself in a difficult situation abroad in a country outside of the Schengen Area and require professional support (e.g. medical questions and emergencies, security emergencies and travel problems), the Travel Assistance Provider International SOS is available. You can request details of how to access the SOS app from firstname.lastname@example.org."
- World Learning Inc.: “Our experts at World Learning headquarters in Washington, DC, and Vermont, in consultation with sources from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the U.S. State Department, and International SOS, will coordinate overall management of the situation and work with local response teams as necessary.”