Organisations being supported by International SOS
"It was hugely rewarding to work with International SOS, as we could get information so much earlier than if we had to find and develop it ourselves. As we are just a team of two managing risk and security, having International SOS there as trusted partner was a real game-changer.” - Athina Pehrman, Group Risk Manager, Electrolux Professional, Stockholm
Electrolux Professional, a leading provider of food service, beverage and laundry solutions, partners with International SOS to ensure that their assignees are safe and secure. With sustainability at heart, our client aims to increase customers’ business value through a unique interface for their entire operations by using connected and synchronised products and services. When Electrolux Group split in the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic into two listed companies, "Electrolux" for household appliances and "Electrolux Professional" for professional appliances, our client needed our support to reassure their investors and to manage the crisis seamlessly to demonstrate calm, confidence, and expertise. We worked with our client’s crisis team throughout the pandemic to implement an array of programmes, including crisis management, to protect their employees and fulfil their duty of care responsibilities. They required ongoing support with the high volume of workload that their small crisis team had to manage. Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for their workforce was a top priority, and our experts were on hand to help them achieve this by providing health and safety standards, along with various best practices and actions to follow. Our client had manufacturing plants abroad in China and Thailand and requested support throughout the pandemic on questions such as whether to bring their international assignees back to their home countries and the processes involved, and when they could return to work. They were able to utilise our intelligence tools and sources, such as our Tracker, to gather crucial information which gave their crisis team a head start in managing the pandemic effectively, as well as enabling them to monitor updates on a daily basis which helped Electrolux Professional make better decisions faster.
The Body Shop
"It has been reassuring for us and our Executive and Senior Management Team to have factual and trusted medical advice from one reliable source. This advice has helped us make decisions and provide factual guidance to all of our global employees" - Erica Rose, International QEHS & Security Director, The Body Shop
The Body Shop, a global beauty brand founded in 1976, partners with International SOS to support and protect their global workforce. In response to COVID-19, The Body Shop employed International SOS’s medical experts to facilitate tailored consultations – providing timely and relevant information on the pandemic to help educate their people and support key decision-making. With the safety of their employees as top priority, our strategic guidance on recovering planning, return to work testing and preventative measures for their employees, enabled their key stakeholders to make critical decisions with the upmost confidence.
Four Seasons Hotel, New York
“Under the guidance of Dr Robert Quigley [International SOS], we were able to transform the Hotel and properly train all employees working at the property in a matter of days. In accordance with these enhanced safety protocols, we’ve created as low-risk of an environment as possible for both employees and guests. This is uncharted territory and we are so proud of our teams – everyone has come together to support this effort in unprecedented circumstances.” - Rudy Tauscher, General Manager, Four Seasons Hotel, New York
International SOS supports Four Seasons Hotel, New York, to welcome frontline healthcare heroes amid COVID-19 pandemic. Read more >>
International SOS chartered a flight for four researchers from Cornell University from Addis Ababa, Central African Republic to the United States after commercial flights were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more >>
British School Manila
The British School Manila (BSM) partners with International SOS to support and protect their students, teachers and trip leaders when they embark on school trips. With the COVID-19 outbreak BSM together with International SOS conducted a Parent Information Session to answer all questions and concerns on health and safety of the children at the school. The session provided a comprehensive update on the disease, situation and also advice on how to mitigate against the outbreak. It was conducted by our Medical Director and helped to address many of these concerns giving the students, parents and staff peace of mind, as well as supported BSM in their priority of establishing a positive culture of health and safety within and beyond the campus.
In the news:
- AIARC (Association of International Agricultural Research Centers): "AIARC recently rolled out the International SOS medical evacuation plan, giving employees peace of mind that if they are to fall ill in remote locations they will have access to top of the line medical care."
- AHT (Insurance Brokerage & Consulting): "International SOS has made part of their dedicated COVID-19 portal available to the general public, including information about locations of cases and community transmission, basic educational materials about mitigation measures, frequently asked questions and more.”
- Applied Materials South East Asia: "In response to COVID-19, we have implemented several precautionary measures at our sites to keep our workplaces healthy and safe for employees, visitors and business partners"..."Live webinar with International SOS medical advisor on COVID-19"
- Ascott: "The Ascott has partnered with International SOS to offer its guests global access to a suite of telehealth, telecounselling and travel security advisory services." — 1 June 2021
"Through its partnership with International SOS, Ascott is the first hospitality company in the world to offer its guests global access to a comprehensive suite of telehealth, telecounselling and travel security advisory services." — 21 July 2021
- Brillio: "To extend our hand in providing support, Brillio’s culture is strongly driven by our We Care philosophy. Built on that, we have implemented the We Care framework for COVID19. Through this initiative, we aim to provide the best possible support for our employees. Facilities such as 24/7 medical emergency support in partnership with International SOS, access to MediBuddy, to help employees with medical insurance, and telemedical services."
- Bushland Health Group: "Bushland Health Group Ltd hosted a COVID-19 Pfizer vaccination clinic/hub for aged care staff in the MidCoast local government area (LGA) with the assistance of Hunter New England Primary Health Network and International SOS (ISOS) from August 31 to September 3."
- Canstruct International: "a Brisbane engineering and logistics company has built 10 portable hospital rooms that can isolate infections and be delivered anywhere in Australia…The rooms were designed after Canstruct worked with the French health and medical authority, International SOS… 'We got together in early April and said ‘let’s make something that is robust, that you could deliver to a hospital, put in the car park, plug it in get it up and running two hours after arrival,' Mr Murphy said."
- Capgemini: "French IT services major Capgemini rolled out on-premises vaccination drive for its 125,000 employees and dependents in association with health and security partner International SOS across India."
- Chubb: "At Chubb, we partner with an organisation called International SOS, which provides best-in-class security, evacuation and medical assistance for individuals that are travelling overseas. Our business travel insurance coverage pairs in a really seamless way to respond to the employer’s duty of care and make sure that things go the best way possible."
- Coastal GasLink: "...to monitor the health of the workforce, there is a medic on site. Coastal GasLink’s medical provider is International SOS."
- DKSH: "DKSH partners with International SOS to safeguard staff and supply chain operations during COVID-19. The partnership between DKSH and International SOS has helped implement DKSH’s Total Quarantine Solution which provides health and hygiene measures to safeguard the health and safety of supply chain staff in distribution centers across Asia."
- Freeport:[Translated] “Firdy Permana, Public Health Manager of International SOS as Freeport's partner in handling PTFI employee health, said that his party had quickly identified new Covid-19 cases. It also actively coordinates with the Mimika Covid-19 Coordination Handling Task Force Team, Mimika Regency Government, and the Central Government to make all efforts to prevent Covid-19 transmission and treatment. "From tracking ( tracking ) and supervision ( surveillance ) through rapid tests and PCR tests that we do, has been able to rapidly identify new cases are on the optimism of any attempt to break the chain of Covid-19," said Firdy. He added, Freeport had increased the supply of medical equipment such as personal protective equipment and ventilators, as well as preparing quarantine and isolation rooms in hospitals, clinics, as well as a number of employee barracks that were relocated as monitoring areas during the pandemic.”
- FX Networks and FX Productions: "Fargo Emmy-winning EP Warren Littlefield, 'The protocols are a 40-page document and we had International SOS as our consultant. Basically, with every department of our crew and with the actors, we went through a training session of ‘Here’s what it’s going to be like’ and ‘Here are your responsibilities, here are our responsibilities’. So what we tried to do is get everybody to a place of what that experience would be, because we also knew we were the tip of the spear. There weren’t a lot of shows across the planet going back into production. So, we were at the top of that. In our final zoom, we had our directors and a lot of our crew. They were like horses at the gate, waiting for the gun to go off. They felt so ready and prepared. We found ourselves to be artistic and not comprised in the final two hours and also very efficient. I think we surprised a lot of people with our preparation. And the feedback from our actors is that they felt safe.'”
- Glencore: "We have formulated our response in partnership with our expert medical advisors, International SOS, taking into account advice from governments across the countries where we operate, and global bodies such as the World Health Organization."
- Glion:"We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation, taking advice and guidance from industry experts, our partners at International SOS, and following recommendations from local authorities and governments."
- Gruner:"Gruner has been working closely with the Medical Assistance Provider "International SOS" for several years. In the current situation, International SOS provides our employees all the information, preventive and assistance services needed in the field of health care and travel security related to the spread of COVID-19."
- HCL Technologies: “[HCL Technologies has] formed a special global task force to actively monitor the situation and take necessary actions in consultation with external agencies (International SOS).”
- Highland Gold Mining: "The task forces have implemented a complex programme of measures designed to protect the health and well-being of the Company's employees and the communities in which we operate. The Company's medical services contractor, International SOS, is assisting in coordinating the COVID-19 response."
- Lafarge: “Lafarge Africa is also working in close partnership with International SOS, our medical service provider, a leading global health company.”
- Nestle: "FMCG major Nestle India has scaled up its medical, financial and wellness support for its employees, as part of its fight against the second wave of coronavirus pandemic. The company has also collaborated with Apollo hospitals for isolation rooms and with International SOS for medical support."
- PwC: "PwC authorised Capita Travel & Events' MeetingsPro platform to feed data to risk management firm International SOS, "so we were able to track some of our meetings as various regions of the world started to close down," said Samantha van Leeuwen, Head of UK Hotels & Venues at PwC. "We were able to do that at the press of a button and have the accuracy and the knowledge that we knew where everything was at that time, and were able to mitigate that."
- Suncorp: “Suncorp says its policy on corporate travel is based on advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and medical and travel security services company International SOS.”
- Telford Offshore: "Telford has extensive measures in place since February 9 in an effort to keep all vessels operating on their current projects and mitigate risk to personnel. Every vessel in the Telford fleet has qualified doctors from International SOS (ISOS), a medical and travel security services company, on board, with ready access to a contagious disease specialist and assistance from ISOS emergency centres."
- Tetra: "Tetra Tech continues to use technology to enhance our support for employees around the world, including those traveling and working in remote locations. Tetra Tech maintains an ongoing partnership with International SOS (ISOS), a health and security company offering support and assistance in 90 countries. Employees can download the ISOS mobile app or visit their website for resources and to sign up for alerts in their host country."
- Vestas Wind: "Vestas has taken a series of measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees all over the world and to ensure business continuity, in dialogue with suppliers, partner, and customers. Vestas follows the recommendations and guidelines from health authorities and international health organisations such as WHO and International SOS. The company will continue to monitor the situation closely and to develop and implement contingency plans as the pandemic evolves."
- WeWork: "WeWork has retained world-leading medical services company International SOS to serve on its COVID-19 response team and provide strategic direction on medical considerations on an ongoing basis."
- Lehigh University: “Program changes are assessed by Lehigh’s International Travel Advisory Committee (ITAC), which is in direct contact with International SOS (ISOS), the university’s medical and security assistance provider and leaders in international travel and education.”
- Princeton University: “The University recognized the distressing nature of the situation in Morocco and worked ‘with International SOS, the University’s international emergency assistance provider, to help them return home as soon as possible.’ ”
- Stanford University: “COVID-19 may spread in current areas or into new regions. Stanford recommends checking for travel updates using International SOS, which has a comprehensive list of travel restrictions.”
- University of Alabama: “These offices are available to provide guidance and assistance to our travelers, in addition to providing resources through our System travel provider, International SOS.”
- University of Denver: “We take our health and safety evaluation seriously, and as part of that evaluation, we assess CDC country-specific alerts, U.S. governmental guidance including the Department of State, information from our security provider, International SOS, and benchmark with other U.S. based institutions.”
- World Learning Inc.: “Our experts at World Learning headquarters in Washington, DC, and Vermont, in consultation with sources from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the U.S. State Department, and International SOS, will coordinate overall management of the situation and work with local response teams as necessary.”