The client’s workforce was greatly affected by the pandemic and the challenges that came with it. The topic of mental health is still considered taboo in parts of Africa, especially in Ghana. The client wanted our help in providing emotional support to their employees despite this.
International SOS sent a psychologist and Medical Director to meet with the client immediately, and two solutions were agreed upon:
- An emotional 24/7 health support helpline.
- Education sessions for all employees, including sessions for managers.
International SOS was able to help this client unlock the value of positive mental health and wellbeing culture in their workplace. The key areas this was achieved were:
- Increased awareness and identification of mental health related issues.
- Aversion of potentially fatal incidents.
- Improved employee productivity and business continuity.