International SOS: Your shipping medical expertSupporting the maritime industry for over 30 years, International SOS is the global leader in providing medical assistance to seafarers. We create value for shipping companies, ship managers, P&I clubs and marine insurance companies by providing the highest level of care through very competitive subscription plans. With a strong understanding of the medical, operational and financial challenges of the shipping industry, International SOS has developed specific maritime health and safety solutions to support your business and partner with you to improve productivity whilst ensuring cost containment.
Specific solution to fit your needsThrough consultation with our leading maritime safety and security experts, our 24/7 dedicated shipping response centre will provide your crew with unlimited medical assistance, monitoring and case management support both at sea and onshore for a fixed subscription fee. Our team of primary care, emergency care, maritime medicine and case management specialists coupled with our truly global network of accredited providers aim at providing quality care to your crews at the most competitive cost.
With a strong focus on proactive care and loss prevention, International SOS solution benefits your organisation in the following ways:
- Cost containment: By providing preventive and immediate medical assistance & onboard treatment, we support the reduction of unnecessary outpatient & inpatient cases and associated costly diversions. If outpatient or inpatient treatments are required onshore, our medically led case management team supported by our global network of over 81,000 accredited providers will provide quality care while ensuring costs will be contained.
- Improve retention: For a very small subscription fee, support your crew with the best medical care available. Our maritime safety solution will help you not only to boost your team’s wellbeing, morale and productivity but also further attract and increase your retention rate of qualified seafarers
- Compliance: We help you comply with MLC2006 and other regulations by providing highest level of care to seafarers. All our case management is fully auditable with all communication recorded to support you in case of litigation.
- Support your business productivity: Over 50% of our cases are treated onboard without any additional cost or need for crew replacement, International SOS will help you boost your productivity.
- Enhance HSE performance & awareness: We support your agenda to reduce lost time and recordables thanks to the implementation of a proprietary and stringent injury and illness case management methodology. In order to reinforce HSE awareness and prevention planning, we will provide your company with quarterly medical reporting; identifying medical trends to be reviewed with our medical experts, and newsletters to support seafarers’ health promotion.