Challenging times demand flexible and innovative production solutions
As COVID-19 continues to keep people indoors, the clamour for content has never been in more demand. For a journalist, researcher, cast or crew member – venturing into any location during these challenging times can be very risky.
Along with the hazards that COVID-19 brings, in remote areas production teams can face compound issues: basic sanitation and hygiene could be poor, accidents could occur, and health services may not exist. This can all have a significant impact on your production and company’s bottom line.
It is important to protect your team against health and security threats that often require the understanding, response and support of experts.
Failure on location can result in significant financial implicationsTo help you prepare and protect your team, International SOS works with you to mitigate the health and security threats specific to your line of business; whether that be in events, production, research or general travel. Wherever you are, we are there too.
How can International SOS help?
We educate your people before a project, so they are made aware of threats specific to their destination. Our experts will be on hand to ensure that your team is thoroughly advised on screening measures, testing, and the medical resources and equipment to bring on set. We will:
- Protect your people – you will have efficient protocols and procedures to safely bring your crew and cast back to the production set, and to ensure that filming can be resumed
- Protect your production – this will give you a well-planned, effective return to filming and can help prevent against loss of productivity, cost and reputational damage
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations – ensures that the procedures you develop and implement abide by the guidelines and standards outlined by local governing authorities, industry unions, and other trade organisations.
Our offering provides:
- Advisory / Consulting – creation and / or review of health and security production plans, understanding of screening and testing requirements and regulations and review of network providers
- Provision and coordination of Medical Services – provision of COVID Compliance Officer / Health and Safety Manager and arrangement of medical services on stage (i.e., testing, screening services)
- MedSupply – sourcing to meet personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Global Assistance – event Support services to help protect the health and security of production teams including cast and crew around the world
- Testing / Screening – define protocols, identify providers and digitally manage and verify results to ensure your people remain safe.
We offer 24/7 access to world-class health and security services via our global network of Assistance Centres and networks on the ground, including medical evacuation capabilities. One call puts you in touch with our doctors, nurses, logistics coordinators and security teams speaking 99 languages and dialects. To learn more about our Workforce Resilience service, click here.
IN THE NEWS – 'Fargo' successfully finished filming season 4 during pandemic
FX Networks and FX Productions: "Fargo Emmy-winning EP Warren Littlefield, 'The protocols are a 40-page document and we had International SOS as our consultant. Basically, with every department of our crew and with the actors, we went through a training session of ‘Here’s what it’s going to be like’ and ‘here are our responsibilities’. So, what we tried to do is get everybody to a place of what that experience would be, because we also knew we were the tip of the spear. There weren’t a lot of shows across the planet going back into production. So, we were at the top of that. In our final zoom, we had our directors and a lot of our crew. They were like horses at the gate, waiting for the gun to go off. They felt so ready and prepared. We found ourselves to be artistic and not comprised in the final two hours and also very efficient. I think we surprised a lot of people with our preparation. And the feedback from our actors is that they felt safe.”
COVID-19 MEDIA CASE STUDIES & stories on location
We have more than 30 years' experience working with companies involved in media. Learn how our health and security experts have helped our clients.
LARGE MEDIA COMPANY
- The Need: Our client required corporate medical advisory support including industrial hygienist, site assessments, and educational/training material to support our client’s return to production during this challenging period.
- Our Offer: We supported our client’s COVID-19 taskforce with a FilmSafe solution to enable safe resumption for their feature film, scripted, and unscripted productions in the US, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
Film Production Company
- The Need: Our client had requested assistance from International SOS in providing a health and security solution to support their upcoming production. They requested support with the monitoring of specific individuals for the duration of their travel throughout South America.
- Our Offer: We were pleased to provide our client with a solution consisting of embedded multilingual doctors, Active Monitoring, and weekly security forecasts. We arranged for a security consultant with medical first responder expertise to accompany the technical support team who were travelling close to, but not with, the production team.
stories on location: Filming a commercial in malaysia
- When a Singaporean actress fell off a horse and broke her leg, her production crew rushed her to a local hospital and called our Assistance Centre.
Our health experts discussed her condition with the treating doctor and decided the best option was to transfer her to a specialist facility in Singapore. Our team assessed the best method of transportation to get her home. We provided an ambulance that transported her to the nearest airport where she was met by our escort team who accompanied her to Singapore. The actress was able to make a full recovery and move on to her next shoot.
STORIES ON LOCATION: TV SERIES IN A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
- A European production company was shooting a TV series in Cambodia. Contacting us, they were concerned about the potential dangers of the environment and whether it was necessary to have on-site healthcare for their 160-man crew.
Before filming began, we conducted a site health review to understand their potential hazards. With no medical resources near this remote location, we were able to provide on-site doctors for the entirety of their project. Thanks to this health-conscious approach, this project has been able to safely expand to five other remote locations.