Corporate Social Responsibility
Our corporate social responsibility activities demonstrate a commitment to maintaining globally sustainable operations. Our philosophy for corporate citizenship focuses on “Healthcare and Education” to look after the wellbeing of our employees and the communities around which we operate. It also extends to ethical conduct in our dealings with suppliers, clients and other stakeholders.
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Committing to UNGC’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to lay out a roadmap over the next 15 years to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice and protect the planet.
- Employing best practices in travel risk management for our employees. Includes preventive education and training, health screening, vaccination, travel tracking and assistance to employees headed to higher risk destinations.
- Partnering with clients on community health initiatives to reduce Malaria, YAWs, HIV, tuberculosis and filariasis. We also promote clean water, wellness and healthy practices to prevent strokes, diabetes, infectious disease and cancer in many communities worldwide.
- Raising funds and donating time support many “Healthcare and Education” causes worldwide.
- Helping young graduates through our work with AIESEC, the world’s largest youth-run organisation, providing young people with leadership development and cross-cultural internships.
Our CSR committee meets regularly under our Executive Committee to supervise and support International SOS’ CSR activities. The composition of this committee includes: Group Director, HR; General Manager, Group Marketing; Senior Manager, Group Marketing and other key operational and regional stakeholders.
We produce extensive information and advice on the risks faced by mobile workforces and make this publicly available.
Learn about our efforts to combat malaria through prevention and education at our sites on the African continent.
KTF, founded in 2003, supports the indigenous people of Papua New Guinea through education, health and community service programmes.
We protect our staff by providing tools, information and advice to mitigate their travel, health and security risks.
For over 11 million people within greater London, London Air Ambulance provides specialist care by helicopter where it is urgently needed.