Last updated: 23 July 2015
Protect your pupils in an unfamiliar environment
Learning outside the classroom builds a pupil’s confidence and provides rich experiences as well as vital preparation for life beyond academia. But taking young people to an unfamiliar environment presents a very unique set of health and security challenges.
While outdoor activities in remote locations are an adventure for explorers, school trips have the potential to turn into a reputational and costly nightmare. Even a small injury or loss of a passport can cause a major issue when in a remote location and miles away from a phone or developed city.
International SOS is playing a leading role in providing specific advice and support for medical and security risks, no matter where your people are. Our specialist teams are working around the clock to keep them protected and business moving.
- Prevention is better than cure: Make us part of your plans. We provide you with security and health information and look at your student’s medical records.
- Assess and understand the risks of exposure at your destination: We analyse and evaluate any location you are sending your employees to and recommend measures that help mitigate risks.
- Educate your travellers before they depart: Through our specialist medical information and education programmes, we help you to prepare your travellers for the local situation as well as advise on measures to take should the situation deteriorate.
- Around the clock access for your travellers to specific local advice: Our qualified doctors and security specialists are there for your employees, no matter what, where or when.
- Stay connected with your travellers and keep track of them in a high risk location: We can help you to immediately find out where your teachers and students are make sure you receive the latest information and are prepared at all times.
Achieve your goals and avoid loss of time and productivity by preparing your people for travel and supporting them when they are in unfamiliar and remote locations. We help to keep your students and teachers healthy and safe.