Landmark fundraising for London's life-savers
International SOS is today celebrating a milestone fundraising achievement for its life-saving charity partners. Over a six-year partnership, the company has raised over £50,000 for London’s Air Ambulance Charity, supporting the service to deliver rapid-response and cutting-edge care across the UK capital.
International SOS employees have taken on numerous challenges, including charity abseils, international cycling challenges and a three-peaks expedition, alongside regular in-office fundraising, to raise money for the charity.
Kai Boschmann, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at International SOS, said:
“Reaching this milestone of £50,000 raised is a testament to the passion that everyone at International SOS has for London’s Air Ambulance Charity. We are pleased to be able to support this vital service for London, where we are headquartered. With a shared mission of saving lives, we are keen to continue our partnership with renewed impetus.”
Sarah McCullough, Deputy Director of Development at London’s Air Ambulance Charity, said:
“Thank you to everyone across International SOS that has dedicated their time, effort and enthusiasm to raise this landmark amount. Our organisations’ shared passion for emergency care has resulted in widespread engagement and outstanding fundraising from the International SOS team.
“The funds raised will help us to attend those that experience traumatic injury in London, ensuring we can deliver our team to the people in their time of need.”
London’s Air Ambulance Charity treats emergency patients who face time-critical, life-threatening situations. By helicopter or rapid response car, an advanced trauma doctor and paramedic is delivered to the patient to perform medical interventions at scene that would normally only be possible in a hospital Emergency Department.
Notes to Editors
About London’s Air Ambulance Charity
- London’s Air Ambulance Charity delivers rapid response and cutting-edge medical care to save lives in the city, via helicopter or rapid response car.
- It was founded in 1989 and to date has treated over 39,000 critically injured people and attended most major incidents in London
- It operates 24/7, 365 days a year
- It serves the 10 million people who live, work and travel within the M25.
- London’s Air Ambulance is a charity that operates in partnership with both Barts Health NHS Trust and the London Ambulance Service: Barts Health NHS Trust employs and remunerates the doctors who are seconded to the service, as well as providing some direct financial support and the helipad facility for the charity’s operations.
- London Ambulance Service similarly provide paid paramedics who are seconded to the service. An advanced trauma paramedic operates from the Service’s control room and is responsible for dispatching London’s Air Ambulance to the most critically injured people in London, 24 hours a day.
- It costs around £10 million each year to deliver the service
About the International SOS Group of Companies
The International SOS Group of Companies is in the business of saving lives, protecting your global workforce from health and security threats. Wherever you are, we deliver customised health, security risk management and wellbeing solutions to fuel your growth and productivity. In the event of extreme weather, an epidemic or a security incident, we provide an immediate response providing peace of mind. Our innovative technology and medical expertise focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery. We help you meet compliance reporting needs for good governance. By partnering with us, organisations can fulfil their Duty of Care responsibilities, while empowering business resilience, continuity and sustainability.
Founded in 1985, the International SOS Group is trusted by 11,000 organisations, including over half of the Fortune Global 500, multi-national corporate clients and mid-size enterprises, governments, educational institutions and NGOs. 11,000 multi-cultural medical, security and logistics experts stand with you to provide support & assistance from over 1,000 locations in 90 countries, 24/7, 365 days.
To protect your workforce, visit www.internationalsos.com.