International SOS and Control Risks Alert for Hurricane Nate
International SOS & Control Risks are advising members to defer travel in the coming days to areas along the US Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Florida states. Those already in areas of the US that are likely to be affected should relocate.
- Monitor our alerts for further updates.
- Monitor the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) website for up-to-date information on the prevailing weather conditions; be prepared to adjust itineraries accordingly.
- Reconfirm flight and other transport bookings with the relevant service providers. We do not hold specific information on flights or other transport. In the event of cancellations, your travel agency will be able to assist with alternative arrangements.
- Flash floods and landslides are possible following prolonged spells of heavy rain. Ensure routes are clear before departure and allow additional time to reach your destination. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads. If you encounter a flooded road, turn around and seek another route to your destination. If caught on a flooded road where the water is rising rapidly, get out of your vehicle and climb to higher ground. Avoid floodwaters, which may be electrically charged due to underground or fallen power lines.
- Follow all directives issued by the authorities, including local curfews and evacuations.
For the latest information and advice, members are advised to register for email alerts and review the travel security updates on Travel Security Online and through the International SOS Membership Portal.
We also advise clients and members to download the International SOS Assistance App, here.
For additional information and advice, members are advised to call their local International SOS Assistance Centre.
Notes to Editors
About International SOS and Control Risks
Our alliance brings together two of the world’s leading medical and security specialists, International SOS and Control Risks. Our combined resources and expertise are well placed to meet the customers’ growing need for integrated travel security risk services. Our solutions ensure that mobile employees are safe and productive and help employers with their duty of care obligations. 50 dedicated experts, located across the globe with access to over 200 dedicated travel security experts through 26 regional Assistance Centres and a partner network of over 700 accredited providers, produce global travel security information and analysis 24/7. We also provide travel security training, preventative travel assessment, support with the development of travel security risk policies, evacuation plans and the latest technology to enable clients to track and communicate with their mobile employees.