Addressing the employee health needs of the future
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a wake-up call from a workforce health and wellness perspective for many organisations across the globe and addressing the role of the Chief Health Officer could not be more important. Our experts provide an exclusive preview to a new paper commissioned by the International SOS Foundation entitled, Chief Health Officer 2030: Addressing the Employee Health Needs of the Future. Featuring brand new research from employer health professionals and experts around the world, the paper captures current thinking surrounding the response to COVID-19 and how best to prepare for the long journey towards healthier employees and communities.
As we are moving into the second half of 2021, our experts recommend important factors for organisations to take into consideration to best address health and wellness challenges:
- Health regulatory and policy compliance which can be a challenge as it varies at global, regional and local levels. Reliable and up-to-date information is key to ensure you keep complying with the different legal frameworks where you operate.
- Workplace wellbeing management and improvement - Your workforce wellbeing, both physical and emotional, is critical to maximise your employees' productivity and ensure business continuity. It is also today seen as a lever for recruitment, retention and competitive advantage.
- Monitoring of the escalating costs to business associated with lack of proactive health risk management.
Recruit a Chief Health Officer that fits your organisation's needs
- Management experience from working with multinationals and across industries
- Industry knowledge of best practices and benchmarking in your sector
- Early visibility of emerging health trends affecting various industries
Once resourced, consider asking your Chief Health Officer for key elements
- Ensure to have access to fact-based information from reliable sources
- Ability to analyse the accessed information and highlight the relevant parts to your organisation
- Providing the information to your workforce and communicate effectively